Re: [Monotone-devel] Concerns about the net.venge.monotone.stripped bran

From: Markus Wanner
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Concerns about the net.venge.monotone.stripped branch
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2008 16:19:06 +0200

Hi,

Richard Levitte wrote:
> Just a moment ago, I saw a change that made the montone code depend on
> the version of SQLITE as described by a C macro.  That's fine and
> dandy provided you link monotone with the static library, but what
> happens if it's linked with the shared library and then moved to
> another machine with a more modern (or even slightly older!) version
> of SQLite?

Yeah, I've been thinking about that as well. I'm not sure where to look
for run time version information of the library, but I've been able to
exchange *.so files without any hassle so far for versions which do not
require the hex() function.

> I don't know how SQLite handles such cases, but I do know that not
> paying attention to that kind of thing have and still can lead to
> problems.

Agreed. Thanks for pointing this out. I'll check if we can add dynamic
version checks as well.

Regards

Markus Wanner