Re: [Monotone-devel] WARNING: ~/.monotone/keys CONSIDERED HARMFUL

From: Marcin W. Dąbrowski
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] WARNING: ~/.monotone/keys CONSIDERED HARMFUL
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2008 14:29:16 +0200

Hi all.

I was lurking from time to time in this thread, and...

> I also have an idea to help Monotone migrate from its current
> system to a PGP-like system: Internally Monotone would have to
> use the key fingerprint, there's no getting around that.

Would it be ever possible to have an option to use external
tools for signing certs? I.e. GnuPG signatures?

That way we'd get some PK infrastructure for free.

Just a thought, my mere 0.02€... (If it was already discussed,
then sorry - consider this mail as nonexistent.)

Best regards,
--
Marcin W. Dąbrowski | mwd at twine,pl
`Love is the Law, Law under Will.' - AC