Re: [Monotone-devel] interface versions, again

From: Richard Levitte
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] interface versions, again
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2008 13:38:46 +0100 (CET)

In message <address@hidden> on Sun, 21 Dec 2008 20:36:18 -0500, Ethan Blanton
<address@hidden> said:

elb> For Pidgin, we have found it helpful to, immediately after release,
elb> increment the version number and append 'devel'.  This helps us
elb> identify those users who are using a development version which may
elb> *not* have a particular feature, even though its version number would
elb> otherwise suggest it.  Monotone does, of course, provide the revision
elb> identifier to help with this, but I for one don't know much about a
elb> revision after a quick glance at the rev ID.  ;-)
elb>
elb> For example, in this case, after cutting the 0.42 release, nvm would
elb> immediately be changed to 0.43devel.

+1

Cheers,
Richard

                                        http://richard.levitte.org/