[Monotone-devel] Monotone 0.42: "peer [...] IO failed in confirmed state

From: Ralf S. Engelschall
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Monotone 0.42: "peer [...] IO failed in confirmed state (success)"?
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2008 09:50:37 +0100

Ops, today with the new Monotone 0.42 I always get an interesting new
message "peer [...] IO failed in confirmed state (success)" during
NETSYNC, although the NETSYNC revision transfer seems to work still
fine:

$ mtn sync
mtn: connecting to ssh://address@hidden/openpkg-framework/
mtn: finding items to synchronize:
mtn: certificates | keys | revisions
mtn:         5798 |    2 |      1929
mtn: bytes in | bytes out | certs out | revs out
mtn:    4.5 k |     6.4 k |       4/4 |      1/1
mtn: peer ssh://address@hidden/openpkg-framework/ IO failed in confirmed state
(success)
mtn: successful exchange with ssh://address@hidden/openpkg-framework/
$ mtn sync
mtn: connecting to ssh://address@hidden/openpkg-framework/
mtn: finding items to synchronize:
mtn: certificates | keys | revisions
mtn:         5798 |    2 |      1929
mtn: peer ssh://address@hidden/openpkg-framework/ IO failed in confirmed state
(success)
mtn: successful exchange with ssh://address@hidden/openpkg-framework/
mtn: bytes in | bytes out | revs in
mtn:      934 |       943 |     0/0
$ mtn sync
mtn: connecting to ssh://address@hidden/openpkg-framework/
mtn: finding items to synchronize:
mtn: certificates | keys | revisions
mtn:         5798 |    2 |      1929
mtn: peer ssh://address@hidden/openpkg-framework/ IO failed in confirmed state
(success)
mtn: successful exchange with ssh://address@hidden/openpkg-framework/
mtn: bytes in | bytes out | revs in
mtn:      934 |       943 |     0/0

As you can see, on the first "mtn sync", my new revision was synced
upstream just fine, although I got this message. So, is this just a
strange message (because of the "failed" + "success" info) in Monotone
0.42 or is there really a problem somewhere?

The NETSYNC peer is still running Monotone 0.41, BTW...

                                       Ralf S. Engelschall
                                       address@hidden
                                       www.engelschall.com