[Monotone-devel] Server status

From: Richard Levitte
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Server status
Date: Fri, 2 Jan 2009 12:01:02 +0100

As you may have noticed, the monotone.ca server is currently unavailable.

I currently can't say much specifics about it, I have no idea if the
server itself is down or if there is a network problem.  I'm told that
all other machines in the computer hall are accessible, so it's not a
general computer hall problem.

However, it seems that the building the server hall is in has recently
changed owners, and the manager of the hall told me today that his
entry card doesn't work since a couple of days.  He's currently
hunting down the new owners to regain access to the hall, and I hope
the whole thing will be resolved today.

Suffice to say, I'm unhappy with the situation.  Monotone.ca is
basically down, my other virtual hosts, pictures, bloggs, email (both
private and business), chat (MXPP), basically everything that I rely
on for communication in all forms.

I'm currently looking for solutions.  Said manager has talked about
moving the rack to a bigger operator as a result of the owner change,
and if I gain access to the server and can get things started fast
enough, I'll go with that.  Otherwise, I'll have to look at other
solutions (I'll be damned if I don't get the server up again!), such
as moving to another colocator entirely (which is sad, 'cause I like
the general friendly and personal spirit of this one).

Anyhow, that's the status right now.  I'll get back with more as soon
as I get it.

Cheers,
Richard

--