Re: [Monotone-devel] Server status

From: Philipp Gröschler
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Server status
Date: Sat, 03 Jan 2009 10:45:34 +0100

Richard Levitte schrob:
The mystery is what made the server freeze.  I've no clue and the logs
aren't leaving any clues either.

I am using dedicated/colocated servers for quite a while now, and such behaviour sounds familiar to me. It could be anything from a slight power fluctuation which made the system instable (have an eye on the power supply for the next weeks) to almost about anything related to defective hardware. If the logs don't say anything, this is mostly the case.

Or, put short: sometimes *they* just do that ;-) And then it never happens again.

Heads up!

Philipp