[Monotone-devel] "mtn: error/misuse: detected at ..."

From: Zack Weinberg
Subject: [Monotone-devel] "mtn: error/misuse: detected at ..."
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2009 12:15:50 -0800

I just noticed that current trunk monotone prints an extra line when
it detects an error or misuse:

$ ./mtn co
mtn: misuse: detected at ../S-vanilla/database.cc:3,855
mtn: misuse: no database specified

(I assume this came in with the error-handling branch.)  IMO this is
not a desirable change.  It adds a line of text that you have to read
past to get to the important part of the error message;  this text
will not be meaningful to most users, and in any event is unlikely to
be useful most of the time.

zw