Re: [Monotone-devel] git fast-export

From: Felipe Contreras
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] git fast-export
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2009 20:59:04 +0200

On Sat, Feb 28, 2009 at 8:38 PM, Derek Scherger <address@hidden> wrote:

>> > Does a bit of "extra" information hurt this use-case somehow?
>>
>> Yes, because you see two changelogs appended instead of one, possibly
>> with the comments too. It doesn't look like a native git repo.

> It seems to me that this directly contradicts your previous statement, that
> "looking like a native git repo" is somehow important for a mirrored
> repository and yet unimportant for a converted repository. Nonetheless, I'm
> tired of arguing about this and I've added a --use-one-changelog option that
> picks one and uses it. I will be very surprised if anyone else ever uses
> this option but it's harmless.

Appending two changelogs will never look 'natural', besides, some
people might not like the way two changelogs are appended. I think
that's the kind of decision that a team should do when converting a
repository. I'm just mirroring, I don't want to think about that, just
produce something that looks good and it's functional.

Please don't think I'm saying that option is *a must*, I'm just saying
that if it's not there I would have to modify the code, which is not a
big deal for me.

>> Could you make a patch that gets rid of the 'no branch' error?
>
> With any luck at all someone else will beat me to it. I've got too many
> other things on the go at the moment to get to this now but I will
> eventually if no one else does.

It looks like I've got it (attached).

--
Felipe Contreras