Re: [Monotone-devel] Time for a release

From: Zack Weinberg
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Time for a release
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2009 18:55:28 -0700

On Wed, Mar 11, 2009 at 6:29 PM, Thomas Keller <address@hidden> wrote:

> As I've already announced on IRC I want to do a release in the next
> couple of days, a possible date could be Sunday, 2009-03-15, but
> depending on the feedback what people like to get done before 0.43 hits
> the world, I'll not insist on this date.

The Debian packaging scripts need a major overhaul for the .stripped
work.  I will not have time for this until a week from Friday (that's
the 20th).  This does not *have* to hold the release but I would
prefer that it did, because it is likely that I will find changes
needing to be made in the code proper, or at least the documentation.

> 0) I've came across a couple of older systems where our dependency for
> prce (7.6, released in January 2008) could not be met. I know 7.6
> includes an important buffer overflow fix and I know this probably was
> backported by some lts distros, but still, from a *functional* point of
> view, what version of pcre is required? Seems as if the first pcre
> version we've included was 7.4 in monotone-0.37 (at least this was the
> most recent one before 0.37 was released).

I believe 7.4 is the minimum for functionality, yes.

zw