Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: question about mtn cvs_import

From: Markus Wanner
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: question about mtn cvs_import
Date: Sun, 12 Apr 2009 15:20:41 +0200

Hello Hendrik,

Hendrik Boom wrote:
>>> With the command
>>>
>>>    mtn cvs_import pathname
>>>
>>> does pathname need to be the name of a file or directory on the locel
>>> system, or is there come convention that allows mtn to use a remote cvs
>>> repository accessible over the network using, say, anonymous CVS login?

Please see the fine manual:

> Usage: mtn [OPTION...] command [ARG...]
>
> Options specific to 'mtn cvs_import' (run 'mtn help' to see global options):
>
>   --branch [ -b ] <arg>  select branch cert for operation
>
> Syntax specific to 'mtn cvs_import':
>
>   cvs_import CVSROOT

The CVSROOT is the directory on your CVS server.

If that's not available, I've successfully used cvssuck, for example,
which mirrors the CVSROOT from a remote server. However, note that this
tool cannot mirror all of the original server's contents.

The problem with cvs_import (and that applies to my branch as well) is,
that it currently doesn't support successive imports. Nor does it
provide any way to propagate back to your CVS server.

Regards

Markus Wanner