Re: [Monotone-devel] "mtn log" now converts dates to the user's timezon

From: Zack Weinberg
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] "mtn log" now converts dates to the user's timezone
Date: Fri, 29 May 2009 12:28:46 -0700

At present, the only thing affected is 'log'.  My immediate thought is
that absolutely we should *not* apply these changes to the automate
interface, because that's intended for machine consumption; in
particular, you don't want to have to parse whatever arbitrary gunk
the user put in their date format spec.

On the other hand I've never written anything that consumed automate
output.  Are there contexts where it would be useful to get dates
(specifically, the values of date certs) still in ISO date format but
converted to the local time zone?

zw