[Monotone-devel] Monotone serve - no listen port opened?

From: J Decker
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Monotone serve - no listen port opened?
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2009 15:24:20 -0700

How can I validate (other than with netstat) that monotone is opening
a tcp port?  (I tried adding the --bind 0.0.0.0:4691 and --bind :4691
and --bind <specific IP>:4691, and none of them opened a port, as seen
in 'netstat -ant' (linux)

If I configure monotone as an xinetd service, I would basically just
'mtn serve --stdio'  ?  (this doesn't sync either)

My windows version indicates it's opening an interface to serve on, I
get no statuses from my linux version....

also tried --debug option to observe in the log, but there's no
mention of sockets or tcp there...