Re: [Monotone-devel] list branches on server?

From: Derek Scherger
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] list branches on server?
Date: Sat, 22 Aug 2009 21:07:55 -0600

On Sat, Aug 22, 2009 at 12:40 PM, Stephen Leake <address@hidden> wrote:
Building that branch on Debian dies in netsync.cc on:

#include "netxx/address.h"
#include "netxx/peer.h"
#include "netxx/probe.h"
#include "netxx/socket.h"
#include "netxx/sockopt.h"
#include "netxx/stream.h"
#include "netxx/streamserver.h"
#include "netxx/timeout.h"
#include "netxx_pipe.hh"

so apparently we need to edit netsync to use asio.

Yeah, that seems to be the current state of things. ;)

configure says mtn requires asio 1.2; Debian 5.0 (lenny stable) has
only asio 1.1.1. sid unstable has asio 1.4.1; that might be promoted
to stable before we get done with this :).

I wondered about this as well. I happen to have boost 1.35.0 installed which has boost::asio version 1.0.0 and I wondered whether there was anything specific in asio 1.2 that we need? In an ideal world it might be nice to be able to use either boost::asio or asio for the cases where someone has one or the other (or both I guess) installed.

Cheers,
Derek