Re: [Monotone-devel] netsync flag day justifies bumping version number t

From: Timothy Brownawell
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] netsync flag day justifies bumping version number to 1.0
Date: Sat, 29 Aug 2009 17:54:47 -0500

On Sat, 2009-08-29 at 10:11 -0500, Timothy Brownawell wrote:
> Hmm. If you migrate a database containing key address@hidden (1234...) and
> certs signed by key address@hidden (abcd...), the upgrade logic will attach
> them to that (wrong) key because it assumes your db is consistent.

>  So we
> need a command that will try to reassign any invalid certs to the
> correct key, and maybe optionally delete them if it doesn't have that
> key (so you'll be able to get a good copy, with the key, during your
> next pull).

This is done now, 'db fix_certs'. There's also a test for it, and a
script tests/db_fix_certs/generate-db.sh that demonstrates one way to
get mismatched certs into a 0.44 db (and was used to generate the db
that the test uses).

>  We probably also want to drop certs with bad signatures (ie,
> attached to the wrong key) during netsync, so they don't spread.

This is also done.

--
Timothy

Free public monotone hosting: http://mtn-host.prjek.net