Re: [Monotone-devel] Okay I'm tired of exception when aborting windows m

From: Timothy Brownawell
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Okay I'm tired of exception when aborting windows mtn command...
Date: Tue, 06 Oct 2009 17:58:43 -0500

J Decker wrote:
> When I abort an operation in monotone for windows, an exception is
> generated.  I have tolerated this since version 0.26... but... no I'm
> tried of having to wait for the exception handler to log the
> exception... y'all should implement
>
> SetConsoleCtrlHandler
>
> and handle exiting nicely instead of blowing up.  PLEASE!

Patches welcome?

I've tried this before, but IIRC calling ExitProcess() from the handler
would still segfault (I also think I recall trying TerminateProcess()
with the same result, but that doesn't seem to make sense). And since my
PC is 6 years old and my Windows is in a VM, I don't particularly feel
like trying to debug this until I get a new computer (currently thinking
early next year).