Re: [Monotone-devel] monotone-server and usher

From: Richard Levitte
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] monotone-server and usher
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2009 14:40:52 +0200 (CEST)

In message <address@hidden> on Tue, 20 Oct 2009 10:54:06 -0400, address@hidden
said:

henrik> Let me guess.  The Debian package monotone-server sets up
henrik> sufficient scripts that monotone gets run in server mode on
henrik> system startup.
henrik>
henrik> This would seem to be incompatible with usher, which I
henrik> gather accepts connextions on monotone's port itself, and
henrik> dynamically starts instances of monotone.
henrik>
henrik> That is, is would be incompatible unless monotone-server
henrik> actually runs usher...
henrik>
henrik> Which is it?

The package monotone-server sets up monotone itself to run in server
mode.  There's no Debian package (that I know of) that sets up usher.

To run usher, all you need is the monotone package, and then you have
to set up usher on your own.

Cheers,
Richard ( has been thinking of making a Debian package for usher, but
hasn't gotten started yet... )

                                        http://richard.levitte.org/