Re: [Monotone-devel] Crash on git_export

From: Derek Scherger
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Crash on git_export
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2009 22:22:59 -0700

On Mon, Dec 14, 2009 at 9:34 AM, Phil Hannent <address@hidden> wrote:
Hello,

I am running a git_export command with monotone 0.45 on
Windows XP in a cygwin shell, however it fails with:

mtn:   loading
mtn: 2558/2558
fatal: Unsupported command: blob
fast-import: dumping crash report to .git/fast_import_crash_3744

I notice that there was a fix to a regression for the export in the development source, am I seeing what has been fixed or something completely different?

http://viewmtn.angrygoats.net/all/revision/file/a4499efd0bc957705460b3a1a17ca87172e64683/NEWS

Whilst I note that the crash is with git I figure that monotone is sending something it does not like.

It sounds like git doesn't like the blob command, but that doesn't make a lot of sense, since that's how you send data to it.

What version of git are you running?
Does the git crash log contain anything helpful?
I assume you must be running through a pipe and it doesn't look like your database is all that big, so can you export to a file and import from that?
Is there any chance that the pipe or something else is turning blob\n" into "blob\r\n" and the unsupported command is "blob\r" ?
Once you have exported to a file can you import the first half of the file, the first quarter, or the first few revs?

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Derek