Re: [Monotone-devel] review of nvm.automate_out_of_band

From: Stephen Leake
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] review of nvm.automate_out_of_band
Date: Fri, 25 Dec 2009 11:00:14 -0500

Thomas Keller <address@hidden> writes:

> Am 22.12.09 18:22, schrieb Thomas Keller:
>> Anyways, I still have just the interface_version outputted there, no
>> other version, basically because I just re-read your last email and now
>> tend to agree that this alone doesn't help to distinguish stdio version
>> changes, but hey, since we have this nice "header" system now, we can
>> either add an additional "stdio-version" header to the existing one or
>> replace it.
>
> I've changed it so it outputs "format-version: 2" instead of the
> interface version in f74c23d9837778640efcc4c2c5a7468a3027c92e.

Much better, thanks.

> I'd be pleased if somebody could have a final look over my English and
> if you think its good to go, I'd merge it afterwards or in the next
> couple of days when no feedback is given.

I checked in some small changes; looks good.

All tests pass on this branch on Debian.

I'm getting weird failures on Windows, also on main branch. The
symptom is that the test driver can't delete test directories; it
appears it's trying to do so before the spawned mtn process has fully
released the directory. So there's a race condition somewhere; I'll
look for it.

I've just installed on-line backup software on Windows, which is now
encyrpting and uploading (slowly) my 30 GB of music; that may be the
immediate trigger for this bug. It will be done in 16 days :).

I see no reason to delay the merge to main.

--
-- Stephe