Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: cvs_import failure

From: Markus Wanner
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: cvs_import failure
Date: Fri, 01 Jan 2010 19:45:25 +0100

Hi,

Hendrik Boom wrote:
> Then this set of programs looks like one good place to start.  Are they
> each one-shot conversions, or can they update the target repository if
> things are still being checked into the CVS repository?

AFAIK cvs2svn is still a one-shot conversion tool. However, if you don't
mess around with your CVS repository, subsequent imports should work as
well.

(I don't see how one could handle continuous imports in case the
underlying CVS is changed manually anyway. And yes, this happens more
frequently than you think).

> Aha!  Isn't tigris.org the place to find software that automatically
> chops big test cases into small ones?

tigris.org hosts subversion up until now. IIRC it is about to be handed
over to the Apache foundation.

Regards

Markus Wanner