Re: [Monotone-devel] Time for a release

From: Stephen Leake
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Time for a release
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2010 07:28:40 -0500

Thomas Keller <address@hidden> writes:

> As I have announced earlier on IRC I plan to release monotone 0.46 in a
> few weeks, before February to be more precise. I'd like to get my
> nvm.automate-netsync branch in a mergable state until then (docs and
> tests are still missing) and I think we then have quite a sounding
> release with enough features and fixes.
>
> I'd like you to already check the latest head and report build problems
> since we do not have many functional build bots right now. (It would be
> even better to fix the bots, but apparently all the people who still
> manage one have disappeared since I've made this call for 0.45...)

I just pushed a rev 85c502bfa72dded523b9fda446db9e6847a0170a that
fixes an uninitialized pointer bug in the new out_of_band_handler
stuff.

All tests pass on Debian testing.

All but three pass on Windows (these three have been broken for the
last couple releases as well):

 89 automate_lua                                  FAIL (line 56) 0:00
    appears to be a bug in the windows implementation of lua?!

159 date_formatting                               FAIL (line 26) 0:00
    %T doesn't work

208 empty_environment                             FAIL (line 45) 69:34
    can't find dll because PATH is changed

As before, I don't think these are worth holding the release for.
One of these they may make it to the top of my list.

I'm also still getting the intermittent failure to delete the test
directory due to a race condition, so I have to rerun some tests by
hand. That's more likely to make it to the top of my list :).

--
-- Stephe