Re: [Monotone-devel] Monotone-viz and repository structure.

From: Thomas Moschny
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Monotone-viz and repository structure.
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2010 18:01:25 +0100

Am Tue, 23 Feb 2010 09:02:16 -0700
schrieb Derek Scherger <address@hidden>:

> On Tue, Feb 23, 2010 at 1:48 AM, Stephen Leake <
> address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > address@hidden writes:
> >
> > Right; you can pull any branch into any repository (= monotone
> > database). But then you do have to be careful not to accidentally
> > send a branch to an upstream repository; we don't want to have
> > non-monotone branches in the database at monotone.ca.
> >

> Except that we do... and the access rules seem to prevent one from
> getting them.

Yes, and that seems to be because Richard (who is kindly hosting the
monotone repository) has some 'private' branches in there, or maybe he
is using usher.

But Stephe is right in that if somebody else wants to have some branch
hosted on monotone.ca, he should ask first, and it should be at least
remotely connected to monotone.

> phew... that was fun. Interestingly we apparently do have a mechanism
> for finding out what branches exist on a server, tedious though it
> may be.

Not sure if that itself could already be classified as a 'leak'.

On the other hand it would be possible to use "mtn au remote ls
branches", iff monotone.ca was running 0.46 and your key was allowed to
execute automate commands there.

Regards
Thomas

--