Re: [Monotone-devel] Please review nvm.experiment.database-management

From: Thomas Keller
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Please review nvm.experiment.database-management
Date: Mon, 24 May 2010 20:29:24 +0200

Am 24.05.10 01:20, schrieb Stephen Leake:
> Thomas Keller <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Please review the branch and tell me what you think. If you think this
>> is good as is to land in mainline, cool, then I'd happily see that as
>> one of the last few features for the upcoming release.
>
> This looks very good. I have a couple issues:
>
> When I upgrade mtn, will my existing workspaces get registered on the
> next commit (or some other command)? Or do we need to provide a new
> command for that? From the code, it looks like workspaces only get
> registered when they are created, or the db is changed.

Right, the registrations are only changed if the database is changed
(and also only if an alias'ed database is in the mix). Since you need to
move a unmanaged database into a managed database location (f.e.
~/.monotone/databases) and have to change the options of your workspace
afterwards anyways, this shouldn't be a problem. It shouldn't be so hard
to add another set of commands, db register and db unregister, either,
but I want to avoid to clutter monotone's commands space with rarely
used functions as much as possible.

> In work.cc read_options file, it doesn't set opts.dbname, dbname_given,
> or dbname_type if the db read from the options file is :memory:; it
> leaves it empty. On the other hand, write_options_file doesn't write
> :memory:.

mtn is now failing explicitely in both cases
(6e8bf68920fd445f9ca6f2d70f3f68973da2dd48).

Thanks for the review,
Thomas.