Re: [Monotone-devel] is monotone for me?

From: Aaron W. Hsu
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] is monotone for me?
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 2010 09:46:54 -0400 (EDT)

Hey Gour,

On Sun, 27 Jun 2010, Gour wrote:

e) I'll try for myself, but let me ask whether Guitone is capable to
replace need for cli for less experienced users?

I have successfully used it as a substitute for command-line work for
someone who had no idea about how to use the command line at all.
However, the monotone command line is fairly simple to learn, and
Guitone expects you to understand Monotone and DVCS. Those two things
combined mean that Guitone isn't going to hand hold the user enough to
make it significantly easier to learn Guitone over a command-line mtn
program if the user has no idea how DVCS or Monotone work.

Guitone is also not just for beginners. I use it occassionally and find
it quite pleasant.

  Aaron W. Hsu