[Monotone-devel] [bug #5685] "explain merge", "explain update"

From: Stephen Leake
Subject: [Monotone-devel] [bug #5685] "explain merge", "explain update"
Date: Sat, 14 Aug 2010 06:39:22 +0000

Update of bug #5685 (project monotone):

             Open/Closed:                Declined => Open

Follow-up Comment #3:

I think this bug is about adding a preview option to merge:

merge --preview

would generate the final revision description (change list), but not actually
do the merge. The point is to understand what the final revision would look
like, what files would change or be added.

This is similar to --dry-run in Gnu make.

'mtn show_conflicts' does part of this; it shows all files that change
relative to both parents. Files that don't have conflicts don't change.

To show "files that are in one parent but not the other", we could add an
option '--include-add_drop' to 'show_conflict' to include those as 'add' or
'drop' conflicts; the conflict resolution would be 'keep' or 'drop'.

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?5685>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/