Re: [Monotone-devel] mtn:// URIs

From: Richard Levitte
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] mtn:// URIs
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2010 15:34:57 +0200 (CEST)

Hmmm, it seems we're reaching an unhealthy level of complexity
regarding this...  Maybe it's time to invoke the KISS principle and
rethink?

Cheers,
Richard

In message <address@hidden> on Mon, 30 Aug 2010 07:09:24 -0500, Timothy
Brownawell <address@hidden> said:

tbrownaw> On 08/30/2010 03:09 AM, Richard Levitte wrote:
tbrownaw> > Another way to handle it is to expand the pattern early into an
array
tbrownaw> > of strings using globish and teaching monotone to handle that.
tbrownaw>
tbrownaw> That would work better if we didn't have the first-position argument
tbrownaw> mean something different than later arguments (host/URI vs raw
tbrownaw> pattern). As is it would have to actually behave differently depending
tbrownaw> on what the later arguments look like, which probably isn't a good
tbrownaw> idea.
tbrownaw>
tbrownaw> Now, once we completely remove the separate-pattern-argument syntax
tbrownaw> this could work...
tbrownaw>
tbrownaw> --
tbrownaw> Timothy