Re: [Monotone-devel] No sponsored hardware :(

From: CooSoft Support
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] No sponsored hardware :(
Date: Sun, 05 Sep 2010 10:41:51 +0100

Same here also... :-)

Tero Koskinen wrote:
Hello,

On Mon, 23 Aug 2010 14:54:20 +0200 Thomas Keller wrote:
Hi!

I was just notified that we didn't made it into the top 5 projects and
unfortunately got no hardware price from Thomas Krenn:

Is anyone here on the list which could offer us a Xen instance on his
physical server?

If not, who is willing to throw in some money to buy a server?

I can donate some modest sum. Although, does the Monotone project
have some money already?

I remember njs speaking about it a few years ago:

Opinions and / or alternative offerings?

There is always Linode, but I don't know does it have as good
performance/money ratio as Netcup.

If we end up buying a VPS for the project how we handle all
the maintenance things? Do we need to care about the bus factor
of the maintainer(s)? (What happens if you get hit by a bus,
spend ten years in a coma, and we need to renew the VPS
subscription?)

And how the collection of money happens? Wire transfers
inside Europe are free (thanks to SEPA), but people outside
Europe might prefer other ways.

Thanks,
Thomas.