Re: [Monotone-devel] [IMPORTANT] Commit access and project setup

From: Thomas Keller
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] [IMPORTANT] Commit access and project setup
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2010 15:40:27 +0200

Am 22.09.2010 15:29, schrieb Markus Wanner:
> Hi,
>
> On 09/22/2010 02:58 PM, Thomas Keller wrote:
>> More services are moved over there, though its unlikely that mailing
>> list subscriptions will use the IDF account right from the start (unless
>> IDF gains LDAP support this fall and we go through the hassle and setup
>> an LDAP server on the new node - I won't do that though because I just
>> don't have the expertise in this area - but if others want to do that,
>> welcome!)
>
> No expertise in LDAS, either. But I could possibly help with SMTP...
>
>> Primarily for now this login will be useful for accessing / editing
>> stuff in the bug tracker (this f.e. sends mails in case of new
>> comments)
>
> I'm concerned about not receiving these mail due spam filters on the way
> (or due to the inferior setup, depends on your POV). (As currently
> happens to the registration mails).

Lapo, who sponsored the FreeBSD jail, is currently of charge here. We're
using his qmail setup, which is configured outside of the jail and which
I know very little. (I wouldn't say I'm an expert in any mail server
software either, so don't take my word on anything mail-related here for
granted. Most of this stuff is black magic for me.) Eventually you could
team up with him and improve / track down the issue. Eventually you'd
also be the right guy for a mailman setup on the server then...?

>> viewing the mtn history and letting you self-manage the
>> monotone public keys with which you want to access the registered
>> projects there. If you're starting with another monotone-related project
>> this setup could furthermore serve you as management suite for your
>> project - in this case just drop one of the admins a note and we'll set
>> you up. Accounts are of course shared among all projects.
>
> That's way cool! Thanks for setting this up.

Thanks! We (I) still have some way to go there - the performance lacks
quite on big trees :(

Thomas.