[Monotone-devel] [IMPORTANT] Issue migration

From: Thomas Keller
Subject: [Monotone-devel] [IMPORTANT] Issue migration
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2010 01:05:32 +0200

Hi all!

I've hacked together a small script [0] which imports Savannah's bug
export format into indefero. This works reasonably well and preserves
timestamps, authors, states (and state changes), file attachments and
more. Since every issue and every comment needs a valid indefero user
though and since not all people have registered an indefero account
until now, there will be quite a few older bugs which I can only assign
to an "unknown" pseudo user. If you want to ensure that your bugs /
comments are properly assigned to you, then check if your savannah user
login matches your IDF login and if not, drop me a note, so I can adapt
the mapping.

I already disabled the submission of anonymous bug reports in savannah
and I urge you (the project members) to not use the savannah bug tracker
any further once the migration script ran through. While it can be
executed multiple times and just skips already existing bugs, it won't
noticed changed statuses, new comments, attachments and so on.
Furthermore I'd still like to have the old bug tracker online as
reference system, so people have the chance to find their old stuff
again. Each of the newly created issues in IDF will also contain a
backlink to the original savannah issue.

If I don't get any moans until tomorrow evening, I'll start the
migration with the latest XML export from savannah.

On a related note, I talked about a "tools" project on our IDF setup
earlier - for the importer code I needed such a thing already, so I
simply created one. The project is called "contrib" and everybody who's
member of the monotone project is also member of this project, so feel
free to push anything monotone-related into this repository.

Thomas.

[0]
http://code.mtnserv.thomaskeller.biz/index.php/p/contrib/source/tree/h:ca.monotone.contrib.savannah-indefero-importer/