[Monotone-devel] Time for 0.99

From: Thomas Keller
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Time for 0.99
Date: Sun, 10 Oct 2010 13:11:04 +0200

Hi all!

I think we're slowly approaching the time for the next release of
monotone. The only missing right now is the completion and merge of
nvm.netsync(.automate). Afterwards the translations have to be updated,
this is the current status:

po/de.po: 1499 translated, 15 fuzzy, 4 untranslated messages.
po/es.po: 1193 translated, 155 fuzzy, 170 untranslated messages.
po/fr.po: 764 translated, 300 fuzzy, 387 untranslated messages.
po/it.po: 1286 translated, 28 fuzzy, 204 untranslated messages.
po/ja.po: 551 translated, 376 fuzzy, 524 untranslated messages.
po/pt.po: 1394 translated, 70 fuzzy, 54 untranslated messages.
po/pt_BR.po: 699 translated, 304 fuzzy, 448 untranslated messages.
po/sv.po: 1315 translated, 68 fuzzy, 135 untranslated messages.

I'd like to target the 24th of November as release date (i.e. two weeks
from now), but if this time frame turns out to be too short for the
translators, I'm willing to put it back for another week, i.e. November
31st.

Note that you translators should also have more time working on the
remaining missing translations before the final 1.0 which is scheduled
not later than four weeks after the release of 0.99 and will mark a pure
bugfix release.

Infrastructure-wise the new server kindly sponsored by Lapo should be
finished up as well until 0.99 hits the streets, current missing pieces
are the buildbot setup, notification services, mailing lists and the
main website / download site.

Thanks for reading,
Thomas.