[Monotone-devel] information policy

From: Thomas Keller
Subject: [Monotone-devel] information policy
Date: Sat, 16 Oct 2010 00:30:17 +0200

Stephen wrote:
> Also, while it is useful to have the blog post, I think we should
> always post announcements like that on this list
> (address@hidden); I consider this the prime and
> authoritative source for monotone announcements.

I tried to establish the website and its RSS news feed up there as new
primary authoritative source for information for a couple of months now,
sorry that I didn't made this clear enough in the past.

The thing is this: monotone-devel is full of development chatter that
its rather hard to follow important announcements for the "passive
reader", monotone-announce has only 18 users (of which roughly one third
are "usual suspects") and monotone-users has even less subscribers.

On the other hand I find a news section with an integrated RSS feed
extremely useful to get others informed about important stuff which
might be noteworthy especially for the crowd outside and even for the
team itself and I admit I took it a little too much for granted that
you're all following the feed there...

Its just that I have too many irons in the fire and serving many
different media with basically the same contents just takes more time (I
do write enough emails already to monotone-devel, right?! ;))

Has anybody an idea how this could be improved properly with a minimal
amount of work included? Some automatic "new news feed item"
notification on the monotone-devel list? On IRC even? Somebody out there
for help? I'm currently fireing the information machinery almost
completely myself... help is certainly appreciated!

Thomas.