[Monotone-devel] Next steps

From: Thomas Keller
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Next steps
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2010 01:18:48 +0200

Hi all!

Now that 0.99 is out lets prepare for 1.0 and the party around :)
I added some smaller tasks for 1.0 already on the RoadMap [0], feel free
to add yours there and lets discuss them afterwards.

Personally I think we should - aside from the pure coding aspects - also
try to get our hands on the website and documentation a bit more and
make everything more first-user friendly. I know these things are long
on our agenda, but it seems to be a very good time to just do them.
I even thought of small things like tacking a little blinking "1.0"
label on our mouse logo when we are releasing 1.0, to show how we're
partying :)

So again, people with writing / graphics skills - please drop me a word!

In the other news, I'll also prepare another guitone release candidate
in the next couple of days, which works with 0.99. I am also further
pushing a new indefero release which is planned for sometime next week,
which is then also the first official release which comes with monotone
support.

With the advent of monotone 0.99 an initial usher release could now also
see the light - Tim, could you prepare that?

Finally, the remaining server setup tasks should be over before 1.0 hits
the streets; Richard could get CIA running again already (thanks
Richard!) and there are only a couple of tasks still open on the agenda
there, most importantly build bots. We currently only have one
configured and it would be ubercool to gain a couple of more bots again.
Drop a note to Richard or me in case you're interested.

Many thanks for reading,
Thomas.

[0] http://wiki.monotone.ca/RoadMap