[Monotone-devel] compiling on lennty from downloaded tarball

From: Hendrik Boom
Subject: [Monotone-devel] compiling on lennty from downloaded tarball
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2010 13:43:39 -0500

Well, I downloaded the tarball, untarred it, and ./configure failed.  It
turned out that when I installed to list of packages specified for
Debian and Ubunto there was no libbotan-dev.  Instead, though there were
libbotan1.6-dev and a libbotan1.7-dev.

I used libbotan1.2-dev.  Everything compiled cleanly on a relatively
up-to-date AMD64 Debian lenny.  Then mtn passed the tests done by make
check.  So everything appears to be good on this platform, except for
the package name in the INSTALL file.

-- hendrik