[Monotone-devel] Updated Issue 113 - commands silently default to :memor

From: code
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Updated Issue 113 - commands silently default to :memory: database (monotone)
Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2010 23:17:52 GMT

Hello,

The following issue has been updated:

113 - commands silently default to :memory: database
Project: monotone
Labels:
 Type:Incorrect Behavior
 Priority:Medium

Comments (last first):

# By Thomas Keller, Nov 28, 2010:

I agree that :memory: is a bad default, but I wonder if we should (not silently
of course) default to the db / alias given by the get_default_database_alias
hook?

# By Timothy Brownawell, Nov 27, 2010:

Steps to reproduce the problem:
-------------------------------

1. make sure you're outside any workspaces
2. run "mtn serve", "mtn ls branches", "mtn pull", etc
3. results are not persistent but do not say "misuse: no database specified",
for example things pulled do not show up in a later "ls branches"

Expected result:

Commands should never default to :memory:

Actual results:

commands *silently* default to :memory:

Output of `mtn version --full`:

Bisected to:

Revision: 0007c40d9d12137729fdd27c05572f21974d72b7
Parent:   5be91109b5bbc338669cc1f60ebdc99cdc718ab4