[Monotone-devel] Updated Issue 128 - mtn list databases doesn't show dbs

From: code
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Updated Issue 128 - mtn list databases doesn't show dbs with extension other than '.mtn' (monotone)
Date: Sun, 9 Jan 2011 22:27:12 GMT

Hello,

The following issue has been updated:

128 - mtn list databases doesn't show dbs with extension other than '.mtn'
Project: monotone
Labels:
 Type:Incorrect Behavior
 Priority:Critical
 Milestone:1.0

Comments (last first):

# By Thomas Keller, Jan  9, 2011:

Working on it.

 Owner: tommyd

# By Stephen Leake, Jan  9, 2011:

I forgot to mention that all my current dbs have extension ".db"; changing that
would be a royal pain (the extension occurs in lots of sync scripts, and in
every workspace). Providing a hook would work for me.

 Labels: Milestone:1.0

# By Stephen Leake, Jan  9, 2011:

Steps to reproduce the problem:
-------------------------------

1. Create a mtn db  ~/.monotone/databases/foo.db
2. Create another ~/.monotone/databases/foo.mtn
3. mtn list datbases

Expected result:
----------------
show both

Actual results:
shows only foo.mtn

Output of `mtn version `: 1.0dev

One fix would be to provide a Lua hook to filter the file names in the managed
directories (or at least provide the file extension to filter on); call the
hook from cmd_list.cc CMD(databases ...), instead of the hardcoded filter that
is there now.

--
Issue: https://code.monotone.ca/p/monotone/issues/128/