Re: [Monotone-devel] Bug and Fatal Error

From: Thomas Keller
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Bug and Fatal Error
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2011 11:53:57 +0100

Am 22.01.11 04:21, schrieb Aaron W. Hsu:
> Hello,
>
> I am reporting the following error when I call monotone incorrectly with
> the following command in a workspace:
>
> $ mtn push -b <branch>
> mtn: fatal: error: option.cc:462: I(!is_cancel)

This is an interesting corner case of the new option name completion
code which appeared in 0.99. The "b" of "-b" is tried to be completed
and since push has no other options that start with "b", it only matches
the global option "builtin-rcfile", which is the "cancel" version of
"no-builtin-rcfile".

I see several different solutions for this nuisance:

1) Remove the invariant there, i.e. allow single letter options
   be completed to cancel options
2) Only complete on "--b", but not on "-b"
3) Only complete when at least two letters are given

Has anybody preferences?
Thomas.