Re: [Monotone-devel] configure vs monotone.iss

From: Stephen Leake
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] configure vs monotone.iss
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2011 07:14:44 -0500

Thomas Keller <address@hidden> writes:

> Am 26.01.2011 09:52, schrieb Stephen Leake:
>> Stephen Leake <address@hidden> writes:
>>
>>> In MinGW, configure is failing to find ISCC.exe, even though it is on
>>> PATH; both on main and in nvm.source-tree-cleanup.
>>
>> This is now fixed. The problem was the autoconf variable
>> ac_executable_extensions was not being set; there does not appear to be
>> any AC macro that sets it in the MinGW version of autoconf 2.67. So I
>> just set it directly.
>>
>>> Specifying ISCC by hand shows other problems in the win32-installer
>>> build. I'll work more on this later.
>>
>> 'make html' ends up rebuilding the .png files, even though they are in
>> mtn. This fails on MinGW, because we don't have ps2eps.
>>
>> in main, 'make html' succeeds on MinGW.
>>
>> I'll see if I can figure out the difference.
>
> Richard is working on this; basically the issue is that we cannot easily
> add custom dependencies to certain doc build targets without adding them
> to all doc targets. On mainline we use a hand-woven HTML target and not
> the automake defaults, but on the long run it might be better to use the
> latter.

I did some work on this; now 'win32_installer' works on MinGW, and
'dist doc/monotone.pdf' work on Debian.

It would be nice to have a list of top-level Makefile targets that are
supposed to work/need to be tested. Here's what I'm aware of so far:

Unix and Win32: all check

Unix : dist doc/monotone.pdf

Win32: win32_installer

note that 'dist' does not build monotone.pdf; perhaps it should?

--
-- Stephe