[Monotone-devel] Issue 173 - Test failure in diff_patch_drop with newer

From: code
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Issue 173 - Test failure in diff_patch_drop with newer patch(1) (monotone)
Date: Sun, 22 May 2011 00:30:43 +0200 (CEST)

Hello,

A new issue has been created and assigned
to you:

173 - Test failure in diff_patch_drop with newer patch(1)
Project: monotone
Reported by: Thomas Keller
Labels:
 Type:Incorrect Behavior
 Priority:Low

Steps to reproduce the problem:
-------------------------------

1. Install patch-2.6.1.116 or newer
2. Run the diff_patch_drop test

Expected result:
----------------

Successful run.

Actual results:
---------------

Test failure in line 39.

Output of `mtn version --full`:
-------------------------------

mtn-1.0, openSUSE:Factory

I contacted Andreas Grünbacher (hacker on patch(1) and openSUSE packager):

"[...] Previously (at least up until patch 2.6.1.81), when patch received a
complete file deletion as input (target path /dev/null), it not only deleted
the file, but also the empty directory it resided in. Now with the version oS
has deployed on Factory (2.6.1.116), patch only seems to remove the file, but
not the directory.

Is this something that is now expected, maybe even a result of

<http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/patch.git/commit/?id=685a78b6052f4df6eac6d625a545cfb54a6ac0e1>

?
"

and I'm awaiting his answer. The easiest fix for this problem is obviously to
remove the check in line 39 altogether.

--
Issue: https://code.monotone.ca/p/monotone/issues/173/