Re: [Monotone-devel] git import

From: Richard Levitte
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] git import
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2011 08:19:19 +0200 (CEST)

In message <address@hidden> on Fri, 29 Jul 2011 00:55:36 +0200, Jerome Baum
<address@hidden> said:

jerome> > The absolutely best way is, of course, if you have pulled the monotone
jerome> > repo and created yourself a branch that you do the work in and then
jerome> > push back (that requires that you register on code.monotone.ca, upload
jerome> > your public mtn key and get write access, which can be done quite
jerome> > simply).
jerome>
jerome> Yeah I recall something about sending in a first set of patches for
jerome> review before write access is given out.

That's a good idea.

jerome> > After that, a set of patches is fine, I can help you commit them if
jerome> > you want.  Have the set of patches as attachment, please (I suppose
jerome> > you would do so, but I've seen people doing something else).
jerome>
jerome> Hmm I can't seem to find any documentation on generating a patch
jerome> series from monotone, so ...

mtn diff?  Not sure what you mean exactly, were you talking about
OneHugePatch or OnePatchPerRevision?

jerome> > Or, well, there's of course what you do right now, putting your db on
jerome> > the net.  I've never tried that on before, so I can't really say much
jerome> > about how feasible that is.  Willing to try, though ;-)
jerome>
jerome> ... maybe this is an easier option. Depends on your bandwidth though.
jerome> :/ -- I guess w/ git it is common to publish your repo via HTTP simply
jerome> because git supports HTTP-based pulls, so maybe the analogous solution
jerome> is to put up a netsync server?

That is, of course, what would be the radically best solution.  Why I
didn't think of mentioning it, I do not know...

My bandwidth is nothing to worry about, I'm pretty well served ;-)

Cheers,
Richard

                                        http://richard.levitte.org/