[Monotone-devel] Updated Issue 180 - monotone-1.0: bash_completion test

From: code
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Updated Issue 180 - monotone-1.0: bash_completion test FAIL (monotone)
Date: Wed, 07 Sep 2011 14:16:44 +0200

The following issue has been updated:

180 - monotone-1.0: bash_completion test FAIL
Project: monotone
Reported by: Peter Volkov

Comments (last first):

# By Peter Volkov, Sep  7, 2011:

We are using bash-completion for this site:

That said I've tracked what causes this test failure. In Gentoo bash-completion
package just installs
/etc/profile.d/ script, which you can see here:
and files into /usr/share/bash-completion/.

By default this script does nothing (see script: _load_completions loads .pre
and base only in case at least one script is in "/etc/bash_completion.d/"*
~/.bash_completion.d/* or ~/.bash_completion .) So user must enable at least
some bash completion to make it load basic definitions from
/usr/share/bash-completion/.pre (where  _get_comp_words_by_ref is defined) and
enable base (for _longopt). Also this all works only for interactive bash, like
it should.

So now I propose the patch in attachment that loads all required
bash-completion functions from /usr/share/bash-completion/.pre  and
/usr/share/bash-completion/base and with this patch tests succeed. Please,

- monotone-1.0-bash_completion-bashrc-1.0.patch - 766 bytes

# By Richard Levitte, Sep  6, 2011:

Hmmm, the extra log suggests Gentoo has a different bash-completion version
than I've played with.  The function _split_longopt isn't there, which breaks
the monotone completion script...

I'll see what I can do about that...

Peter, what Gentoo version are we talking about?  And bash-completion version?

# By Richard Levitte, Sep  6, 2011:

Yup, I'll have a look

# By Thomas Keller, Sep  6, 2011:

Hrm... apparently Gentoo uses a different version of bash_completion. Peter,
could you please attach the Gentoo version here?

@Richard: Could you have a look what is missing there...? Thanks!

 Owner: levitte

# By Peter Volkov, Sep  5, 2011:

Gentoo uses different place for bash_completion test. Please, attach patch in
attachment, so monotone test suite was able to find it. But even with this
patch tests fail (please, see extra.log).

- monotone-1.0-bash_completion-bashrc.patch - 512 bytes
- extra.log - 20.68 kB