[Monotone-devel] Status of blue sky ideas?

From: Judson Lester
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Status of blue sky ideas?
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2011 15:33:29 -0800

I remember back in the pre-1.0 days, there were a number of ideas related to monotone fundamentals that were promising, but I don't remember having been implemented.  What's the status of those ideas?  Are they still being discussed on the wiki somewhere, or here?

Specifically, I remember questions about netsync horizons as an approach to the long-pull problem, policy branches, a couple of other things.

I also remember having a couple of conversations about monotone's internals - that the test acceptance hooks are sort of impractical since they rely on cert-per-test and only provide pass-fail data about tests, and that there's a fair amount of monotone that isn't re-entrant, which makes writing complex user-functions pretty limited.

So, seeing an email from a few months back that seemed to suggest that monotone is kind of done - no one seems to be keen to continue development, and everyone seems satisfied - was a little disheartening.

What is the status of monotone as a project?

Judson