Re: [Monotone-devel] monotone-subversion sync

From: CooSoft Support
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] monotone-subversion sync
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2012 09:15:19 +0000

I was in exactly the same situation myself. Is it a simple branch to branch or trunk to trunk syncing that you are doing?

If so I grabbed a copy of svn_load_dirs that basically implements vendor branches in svn (used for going mtn -> svn). Going from svn to mtn is much easier as mtn can easily do vendor branches.

Someone else on this list may come up with a much better off-the-shelf solution though. However in the absence of better ideas I will dig out the scripts that I used (all written in Perl and run on Linux) and email them to you (I had to modify svn_load_dirs to preserve the history comments). Maybe a few days as they were used at work...

Tony.
Jerome Baum wrote:
Hey,

What's the best/recommended option for keeping monotone in sync with a
subversion repository?

I've tried tailor but it barks during the initial svn->mtn transform.
Apart from that I couldn't find much to go by. hg converts from mtn to
hg, and from svn to hg, so maybe combined with tailor that might work --
but I first wanted to ask for input.

Thanks!

Jerome