Re: [Monotone-devel] Monotone tests failing under Debian automated build

From: Francis Russell
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Monotone tests failing under Debian automated building
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2012 15:04:13 +0100

To me, it looks like monotone is copying test databases to a specific
location for a test, then apparently finding the files missing. I can't
replicate this in a Debian unstable chroot, nor can I imagine in the
automated build environment could cause the tests to fail in this way.

Ha, I've found it! monotone appears to be rewriting pluses to spaces in its URLs:

Simple example:

$ cd /tmp/
$ mtn db init -d mtn.db
$ mtn db init -d mtn+2.db
$ mtn pull -d mtn.db "file:///tmp/mtn+2.db?*"
mtn: doing anonymous pull; use -kKEYNAME if you need authentication
mtn: connecting to 'file:/tmp/mtn 2.db'
mtn:   include pattern  '*'
mtn:   exclude pattern  ''
mtn: misuse: database '/tmp/mtn 2.db' does not exist
mtn: peer file:/tmp/mtn 2.db IO terminated connection in working state (error) mtn: error: I/O failure while talking to peer 'file:/tmp/mtn 2.db', disconnecting
$

Francis