Re: [Monotone-devel] Christmas Release

From: Frédéric Praca
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Christmas Release
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2012 14:42:17 +0100

> In message <address@hidden> on Fri, 30 Nov 2012
> 10:17:21 +0100, Frédéric Praca <address@hidden> said:
>
> frederic.praca> - http://buildbot.monotone.ca/ is down for ages
>
> *arrrggggllllll* cron doesn't grokk @reboot *arrrggggllllll*
>
> Does someone have a safe recipe to do the same thing, but with
> something that runs every minute or so (checks if a buildbot is
> already running, yada yada yada)?  I know, it's probably cookbook, my
> brain just isn't geared for that kind of stuff today...
Well nagios could do the job but that's a little overkill.
Why don't you check the status by getting the webpage like this

#! /bin/sh

wget -q --output-document=- localhost:8010 > /dev/null

if (test $? -ne 0)
then
    echo "server out of order"
    # and other things like re-running builbot master
fi

Then put this in cron as a every 5 minutes task

> Cheers,
> Richard
Fred

--
Ce que l'on concit bien s'énonce clairement,
Et les mots pour le dire arrivent aisément.