Re: [Monotone-devel] hangs during netsync

From: Hendrik Boom
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] hangs during netsync
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2013 16:37:53 -0400

On Mon, Aug 19, 2013 at 02:18:32PM -0400, Hendrik Boom wrote:
> I did a netsync with an explicit --db= and a --set-default, because the
> database had moved in the file tree.
>
> It hung after telling me there were no revs out, which was probably
> correct; I think the two databses may well have been previously sync'd.
>
> address@hidden:~/dv/lang/algol/a68h2/workspace$ mtn sync
> --db=/home/hendrik/dv/lang/algol/a68h2/a68h.mtn --set-default
> mtn: warning: could not unregister workspace from old database
> '/home/hendrik/dv/lang/a68h2/a68h.mtn'
> mtn: connecting to 'mtn://a68h.mtn-host.prjek.net'
> mtn:   include pattern  '*'
> mtn:   exclude pattern  ''
> mtn: finding items to synchronize:
> mtn: certificates | keys | revisions
> mtn:          369 |    2 |       123
> mtn:  bytes in | bytes out | revs in | revs out
> mtn:     1.0 k |     1.4 k |       0 |        0

It stayed hung for hours.  Eventually I control-C'd out of it.

The database file name had been updated (I peeked inside _MTN).

A subsequent sync worked fine.

I can no longer repeat the operation to test potential patches, if it
is a bug instead some weird network glitch.

It does appear that no data were harmed in the course of this problem.

-- hendrik