Re: [Monotone-devel] 'warning: unused parameter'

From: Stephen Leake
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] 'warning: unused parameter'
Date: Fri, 02 May 2014 01:04:41 -0500

Markus Wanner <address@hidden> writes:

> Stephen,
>
> On 05/01/2014 07:36 PM, Stephen Leake wrote:
>> Well, I started a separate file just in case. It turns out it is very
>> different; much simpler, since most of the dependent packages are
>> already packaged for MinGW64, and we can use 'pacman' to install them.
>
> pacman? Didn't read about that. Sounds good. The MinGW-w64 variant I
> fetched had *less* than the 32-bit one. Which one do you use?

I'm using the mingw64 packaged in msys2; msys2 includes 'pacman', which
is the package manager on one of the Linux distributions.

It is confusing; I would not have gotten it working without help from
the msys2 mailing list.

>> The 64 bit changes are mostly due to Windows using a different
>> underlying type for socket_type than Unix. There are many changes;
>
> That worries me a tad.

Yes, it worries me as well.

>> anything that checks for an invalid socket, some function return or
>> parameter types. The code is definitely cleaner after the fixes, so I
>> don't think it will break anything on 32 bit.
>
> Phew, okay. Please try to keep the changes minimal.
>
>> I've already done most of the work, but not commited or run the tests
>> yet; I'll commit it on a branch.
>
> Can you get this done by Friday night?

no.

>I planned to release this weekend.

Ok; go ahead. I'll create an nvm.msys2-mingw64 branch.

--
-- Stephe