Re: [Monotone-devel] usher documentation

From: Hendrik Boom
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] usher documentation
Date: Fri, 27 Nov 2015 13:03:27 +0000 (UTC)

On Sat, 21 Nov 2015 21:40:06 -0600, Timothy Brownawell wrote:

> On 11/21/2015 07:47 PM, Hendrik Boom wrote:
>> Where does usher documentation hide out now?
> It's in doc/documentation.html . I don't know that this is available
> online anywhere other than thru viewmtn.

Found it in the source code, shich I still had lying around.  Thanks.

>> I'm specfically looking to find out how to get usher to reread the
>> configuration file.
> It tries to be a good Unix daemon, and catches SIGHUP for this. There's
> also a command thru usherctl.

Either it didn't work, or I don't know how to SUGHUP.

I tried kill -1 <process id>

After that the usher process was still running, but I couldn't connect to
it.
Actually killing it completely and then restarting it from scratch made
it work again.  Upon restarting, of course it read the new configuration.

-- hendrik