[Monotone-devel] I'd like a handy checklist for diagnosing privilege pro

From: Hendrik Boom
Subject: [Monotone-devel] I'd like a handy checklist for diagnosing privilege problems.
Date: Sat, 20 Feb 2016 17:37:39 -0500

Once again I'm setting up a mtn data base and am having problems with
privileges.

Anyone have a handy checklist for diagnosing privilege problems?
All it tells me is that it's refusing a anonymous conection.

address@hidden:~/howto$ mtn sync --key address@hidden
mtn: connecting to 'mtn://topoi.pooq.com/www'
mtn:   include pattern  'com.pooq.hendrik.howto'
mtn:   exclude pattern  ''
mtn: finding items to synchronize:
mtn: warning: protocol error while processing peer mtn://topoi.pooq.com/www:
'received network error: rejected attempt at anonymous connection for write'
mtn:  bytes in | bytes out | revs in
mtn:        78 |       349 |       0
mtn: error: processing failure while talking to peer
'mtn://topoi.pooq.com/www', disconnecting
address@hidden:~/howto$

I did manage to pull from the server, creataing a database.
I checked out from the local database.
I made changes locally and committed them.
Now I try to sync and failing.

Evidently I need write permissions.

Now write permission should have been enabled, because the
.monotone/write-permissions file on the server is

address@hidden
address@hidden
address@hidden

I have told the server database to read a packet containing the  public key of
address@hidden

Evidently, it recognised me when I cloned the database from the server to the
client.

So I'm puzzled why it doesn't recognise me when I sync.

-- hendrik