Re: [Monotone-devel] serialization format

From: Markus Wanner
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] serialization format
Date: Mon, 04 Apr 2016 19:35:29 +0200

Hello Stephen,

thanks for your feedback.

On 04/04/2016 06:58 PM, Stephen Leake wrote:
> Human readable makes testing and developing new features much easier. If
> we use binary, we will need a separate tool that translates that to
> readable, which is then another source of bugs (or the same source, just
> in a different place).

Yeah, that's a point. However, I'd also argue that we should target the
user and not the developer. And from a user's perspective, isn't
monotone the very tool that does that kind of translation?

Or put another way: Do *users* really care what serialization format
monotone uses underneath?

Regards

Markus Wanner