[Monotone-devel] Patch to compile against Botan 2.x

From: Jack Lloyd
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Patch to compile against Botan 2.x
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2017 15:47:58 -0400

I've attached a patch for building Monotone against Botan 2.x

This isn't quite complete for 2.2, because a lot of Monotone assumes
Botan::SecureVector is a type, and that botan.h includes more than it
does in 2.0-2.2. I made a change upstream
https://github.com/randombit/botan/commit/3f7dba2c4455bf53dae89d088bd56cdf9b2c94fe
to make some changes to botan.h to make this patch simpler, and in the
thought it will likely ease transition for other projects. This will
be included in 2.3 which is coming out next week.

Two other relevant pieces of information:

- All support for Botan 1.10 ends at the end of this year

- Botan now uses semantic versioning, so all Botan 2.x releases should
  be forward compatible. It is anticipated 2.x will be supported until
  at least 2021.

With this patch Monotone builds for me on Arch Linux x86-64. I ran the
tests, some passed and some failed, I did not investigate this further.

Hope this helps,
  Jack Lloyd