monotone-i18n

[Monotone-i18n] String freeze for 1.0

From: Thomas Keller
Subject: [Monotone-i18n] String freeze for 1.0
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2011 01:46:52 +0100

Hi all!

I just merged the string sanitization branch back to net.venge.monotone
and officially announce a string freeze now.

This is the time for the translators to pick up the changes and finalize
their translations. The timeframe you have for this is roughly two weeks
and I hope we get as much high quality translations in until then as
possible.

I'm sorry that the merge of the aforementioned branch brought in so many
fuzzy strings for you, most of the time stylistic changes that
originated from sloppy string practises of us developers in the past.
We hope to minimize similar efforts in the future and put up a clear
guide how we want to formulate and format i18n source strings in the
future [0] - we welcome your valueable feedback on these rules!

The string freeze also means that no new development should happen in
net.venge.monotone that introduces new strings or changes existing ones.
Please postpone these things after 1.0 has been released or do your
changes in a separate branch.

Thanks for listening,
Thomas.

[0] Section "Formatting messages" in